If you are planning to take a coding bootcamp, there are things you should consider before your first day at camp. If you enrolled on a Web Development bootcamp then you can apply these tips.
- Go to FreeCodeCamp.com and do everything until advance algorithm & scripting.
- Get additional practice with html/css by creating a personal portfolio, and cloning websites that you like
After learning on FreeCodeCamp you can try making your own good projects and put it on your portfolio. This can help you practice what you’ve learned and easily apply it on bootcamp. You can also try to clone a website you like.
- Take an online AngularJS course. I like Teamtreehouse’s course much more than codeschool or codecademy.
- You don’t need to learn bootstrap
You don’t really need to learn bootstrap before attending bootcamp but it will be helpful for you to easily make a responsive website.
- You should absolutely learn code before going to a bootcamp to get the most out of it.
Before attending a bootcamp, it is important that you already know the basics because if you don’t it will be hard for you to learn advanced skills. Learning the basics while on the bootcamp will only eat your time that will result to learning few skills and waste of money and time.
My github profile: https://github.com/EngineeredTruth
Portfolio that I made before attending (has links to projects I made before attending):
This my current portfolio http://devtran.co/
The bootcamp I attended is called DevMountain: https://devmounta.in/?r=vgqM
Learn more tips by clicking the video below: