The first video I did with RCKTSHP was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UqiA6JWz9A They really liked how the video…
Like everyone else who watched Frozen, I was hooked on its soundtrack. It's just too fucking ridiculous. Not only is it insanely catchy, but each song brings out strong emotions. When I listen to “Do you want to build a snowman?” it brings me back to my childhood when my sisters refused to play with me. “Let it go” makes me want to take off my clothes and run round my house.
Naturally, I searched YouTube for covers. I fucking love covers, sometimes they're better than the original. The only thing I love more than covers are parodies. Not only do they add a new twist to the song, but they also make me laugh.
I stumbled upon this parody by BarkadaInc:
It's just too awesome, lets go over how much win this is:
- The Cinematography is good. The camera angles are good, the cuts are smooth. To get good outdoor lighting they had to WAIT for a cloudy day to diffuse sunlight. Without the clouds, sunlight creates too much contrast for cameras
- The SINGING is actually good. The girl who sings it actually sounds like she would sing a Disney song. The lip-singing is on point, it's hard to get synced with the song.
- It's FUCKING FUNNY, like really, the idea is great. The girl is so shameless in her pursuit for a boyfriend, it's super entertaining to watch
- This is just a male thing, but it definitely helps that the girl is super attractive & adorable. In real life, a girl like her obviously never has a problem finding a boyfriend, but our male fantasies would like to believe it to be true
After watching this video, I wanted to know more about them. I was an instant fanboy #Shameless. I checked out the rest of their channel and their “about” tab. Their Frozen Parody hit 1 million views in a month, but their other videos hover around 5,000 views. They've been making videos for 5 years, this was their 1st one million viewed video.
I was shocked, they are just so fucking good. Here are some things I learned from this:
- Title of a video is just as important as its content. A lot of their videos have obscure titles. It's like playing video roulette. One of their videos is titled, “Awww….” like what am I about to watch when I click on “Awww….”? I have no clue. On top of that, having the words [Frozen Parody] is HUGE since everybody is typing that in the search bar.
- Practice & patience. Everything was 10/10 for the Frozen parody, but it took them 5 yrs of practice to get everything down: cinematography, audio, editing, and acting (There's substantial growth from their 1st video). If they stopped last year because their videos didn't catch fire, they would have never made the Frozen Parody. Hats off to them for not giving up.
- They can do it again. Getting their 1st million viewed video is a big deal because after they've accomplish this ONCE, they know they can do it again. I hope they keep making videos because I love their content #StillShameless #StillFanboy
I rarely share content on my Facebook, but I shared their video. It's caused my friends and I a nice laugh. I hope they see the joy they bring to other people's lives, and hope they make enough money from ad revenue to take their channel more serious.